Quantcast Chronicles of a Brooklyn Middle Class Mommy: The Plan...

December 11, 2010

The Plan...

Last October '09, my boyfriend and I decided to plan when we will start “working” on having a baby. The real story though…He was turning 30 and the “I’m getting old and need kids” bug was hitting him hard! I’m sure he even said, maybe on more than one occasion, that he feels left out because all of his friends have children and he doesn’t. *Side eye*

Compromise... That said, I was only turning 26 that year, and had JUST landed a new job, that at the time I thought was promising. During our baby talk I made an agreement… I was though a little hesitant, but I eventually gave in and asked him to give me a year so I can settle in at this new job and let the maternity leave kick in. Deal!

I’m quite positive my friends thought I was nuts for trying to plan my pregnancy. They believe you can’t plan everything, especially pregnancy! I disagree, because I did, and I’m sure many other couples did as well. Granted it happened 2 months earlier than proposed, it was still planned.

Fast forward to August '10, I think my boyfriend and I had a conversation about being ready and we should just get the show on the road. So I began researching different sites about what to do when trying to get pregnant and decided to stop drinking (socially of course) for a few weeks and lay off the sushi. I also checked out an ovulation calculator on http://www.babycenter.com/ and boy was it accurate!!! You will be ovulating between Aug22-Aug27 the site spit out. So we got it poppin everyday that week!

My advice on effective “baby making” planning, if that is what you want to do...
·         Communicate- talking with your significant other and come to a conclusion as to when would be the appropriate time.
·         Research- read a couple of different pregnancy sites and decide which method will work best for you. Try the ovulation calculator!!! If you keep track of period this should work.

Wrap up question
 Just because you plan on having a baby, are you really ever ready? Can you expect what is to come?

~BK Mommy2Be

No comments:

Post a Comment