Quantcast Chronicles of a Brooklyn Middle Class Mommy: Cravings...Nope, not me!

December 31, 2010

Cravings...Nope, not me!

Cravings aka the Food Devil…
I'm a bit confused because one of my friends said she experienced cravings more toward the end of her pregnancy. Another friend said it kicked in immediately. When will my cravings kick in? I have to admit though, as my 18th week approached something hit me...4am I was STARVING!!!
I’d like to think that I have a regular eating schedule…Breakfast-Snack-Lunch-Snack-Dinner-Snack. LoL! Since the extreme hunger I’ve added an extra breakfast stop. This is I hope is normal too!?! These are some serious hunger pains. I don't have a taste for anything in particular I am just hungry! Thank goodness I don't keep sweets in the house. I usually eat cereal, yogurt, or a fruit. The next issue is the 8am hunger bite! This is absurd. So of course I have to whip something up before going to work but this only holds me until 10:30am!
I sincerely believe that cravings are the key to weight gain! And I am soooo terrified of becoming overweight during pregnancy. Since being pregnant I’ve only gained 12lbs! The doctor says I’m progressing well so I shouldn’t be worried.
My thoughts on Cravings…
  • Well when they kick in I will revisit this area. Until then I can only comment on my extreme hunger…hearty moderation is key!
  • While fruit is good it still produces natural sugars and can result in diabetes…so I hear
  • Don’t starve yourself!
Wrap up question?
When should my cravings kick in?
~BKMommy2Be

No comments:

Post a Comment