Quantcast Chronicles of a Brooklyn Middle Class Mommy: It's a Girl!!!

January 1, 2011

It's a Girl!!!

Dec 30, 2010 took forever to arrive!!! I tried to schedule my doctor’s appointment on my birthday, Dec10, but of course all plans don’t always work in your favor. This was the first time my boyfriend was coming with me to a doctor’s visit…unfortunately I did not give him the heads up about the poor customer service or the extended wait time.
My appointment was at 10am, and yes we were on time. I registered and we found a seat and sat for a good 2 ½ hours before being called. He was restless; I was hungry and close to becoming very pissed. I went to ask the lady sitting at the desk what the holdup was and she tells me there are only two sonogram doctors so they are a bit backed up but she will go see where I am on the list. She must have been gone for maybe 10-15min only to come back to tell me “I May Be Next”…Ummm what the heck does that mean?
Finally the doctor called my name and my boyfriend and I were happy again, only for a second. I don’t know how everyone else operated but I like for my doctors to introduce themselves and build a friendly rapport with me. This doctor in particular did none of the above! After calling my name she said follow me and walked us to the room. We get to the room and she instructs me to use the restroom. As soon as I walked out she directs me to the table and to pull my pants down a bit (sheesh still no introduction) and she slapped my belly with the grease. She didn’t even wait for my boyfriend to come out the bathroom she just went to work. Then when he tried to stand in front of me to look at the screen she says, “Step back and sit down this is going to be a while!”
He’s the father so umm why can he not look. We already been here for over two hours, we know this is going to be long. She did not crack a smile, nothing. I finally asked, “Doc, what’s going on down there?”
She replied, “I’m taking pictured of every body part, but everything looks good. Would you like to know the sex of the baby?”
“Ummm Yes, please,” I replied.
“It looks like a girl,” she says (this means that there is a 5% chance this could be a boy).
My boyfriend was floored. I really wanted a girl and he really wanted a boy, but none the less he was and is super happy for the healthy results for our baby girl, Alissa Rai. This is one of the best moments of my life, what a blessing! I couldn’t ask for more.
My thoughts on doctor visits...
  • If it matters to you make sure your doctor is friendly, welcoming, and nice if possible.
Wrap up question
How was your experience when you found out the sex of you baby (s)?

~BK Mommy2Be

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS GIRL!! I'm so happy for you two! Even though your doctor was a duche, finding the sex of your child out is the best doctor's appt. ever =D My dh still wants a boy. I'm just happy as long as they are healthy.

    I'm so excited to read about your pregnancy and can't wait to see Alissa when she arrives. Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your baby girl! They're so much fun! I had a hard time this time around when I found out I was carrying another boy, but now I'm totally over it, and I can't wait to meet my newest little guy soon!

    Thanks for the email. I'll be sure to stop by more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hanan and Happy New Year to you as well!

    @Angie,Thanks! And boys are sooo much fun as well, very energetic. Maybe the next one will be a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngratulations sweetie! That is such WONDERFUL news! My best friend just found out last Monday they are having a boy. It's a nice news to end the year and an exciting journey to begin. I'm so happy for you both :)

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete