Quantcast Chronicles of a Brooklyn Middle Class Mommy: Is this Normal?

December 18, 2010

Is this Normal?

There are soooo many tales, rumors, and myths associated with being pregnant that I thought I was mentally prepared for everything! WRONG...As mentioned in a previous post, my first main symptom before any test was taken was Fatigue, followed by mild cramps and spotting that prompt me to take a test. 6 tests later and a scheduled doctors visit I was patiently awaiting the rest of the symptoms.

In the beginning everyone would ask, "Do u have any morning sickness?"
Then around 10 weeks the question became, "You still haven't had morning sickness yet?"And the reply remained the same, nope. I read a few articles and confirmed not everyone experiences morning sickness and was relieved that it skipped me!

During my first few weeks I experienced some serious gas pains!!! And I stress this because I know a couple of people that had children recently, and NO ONE informed me of the GAS! This is Very annoying and uncomfortable. The gas pain eventually subsided as everything found its place I guess. I also drank a lot of Ginger Tea!

Now that the gas has passed (Literally) here come the migraines! I'm sure no one likes to get a headache, but try having a migraine and having only Tylenol to rely on. This is absurd! I definitely feel as though the headaches and fatigue is going stick around for a while. I try to drink a lot of tea but it doesn't always work. Also every morning around 4am I AM STARVING!!!

One of my most annoying, and ongoing symptom...Tender BooBs!!! OMG, I knew they were going to grow from a Curvaceous C to a Delicious D but DaMn this is what I have to deal with in the mean time?!?! Not cool! I loved my padded bra...but where is it now...stuffed at the back of my drawer hibernating. I've now been introduced to wireless-nursing bras...comfy yet not sexy! And because my breasts are so sensitive my boyfriend is no longer allowed to touch them, unfortunately. But that is a whole other topic. LoL

Last, (for now at least) Mood Swings!!! I am not an extra emotional female; however, these hormones bring out the best and the worst. For example, when I'm the only sober person in the room I tend to notice more than usual and I get annoyed WAY faster. My boyfriend is the main witness to this. Everything is fine when we are both sober but as soon as he become intoxicated my mood changes instantly. In the beginning I didn't really notice but as the weeks passed I took a look back at the events a came to a conclusion...I'm just mad that him and everyone else that is not pregnant can have a drink and I can't so they all look stupid and do stupid things that piss me off! I'm sure I can write a book about how badly I've been treating my boyfriend, granted it's not ALL my fault. 

My note on Pregnancy Symptoms
  • If you’re pregnant and telling others about your symptoms do not hold back, tell them all the details!
  • If you’re planning or in the early stages ask for all the details and mentally prepare yourself.
  • The emotional roller coaster is inevitable...

Wrap up Question
"It's because you’re Pregnant why your acting like this!"...Is this always the case or can you even tell the difference? 

~BK Mommy2Be

No comments:

Post a Comment